How to set port forwarding?
First, you will need to set port forwarding at the router located between the global network and your local network to forward packets with specific destination port numbers to the Brekeke SIP Server.
The ports you need to forward are as follows (you will find these values on the Brekeke SIP Server configuration page):
When Brekeke PBX/Brekeke SIP Server is behind a NAT router, the following configuration is required:
- Port Forwarding information at the router
- SIP exchanger -- UDP and TCP Port, Default value: 5060
- RTP exchanger -- From Minimum Port to Maximum Port [UDP] Default value: 10000-10999 (Brekeke SIP Server v2)
- RTP exchanger -- From Minimum Port to Maximum Port [UDP] Default value: 10000-29999 (Brekeke SIP Server v3)
- Interface address field on Brekeke SIP Server
- Brekeke SIP Server Admintool > [Configuration] > [System] > [Network]>[Interface Address] = Your router's global IP Address
- Disable the SIP-ALG (Application Layer Gateway) or SIP-NAT in the router.