Brekeke SIP Server Redundancy Setup
For the details about Brekeke SIP Sever, Advanced Edition, Mirroring, Heartbeat and AutoSync feature for redundancy, please check Brekeke SIP Server Administrator Guide Section 4.11.* and Section 10.
- Root privilege is required by Brekeke Redundancy.
- We recommend RedHat, CentOS and Fedora for Linux server.
- Install Brekeke SIP Server Advanced Edition on two PCs.
One is primary server, the other is secondary server.
- At primary server, another IP address is required, which needs to be in a different IP address segment from the secondary server IP address. This IP address will be used as vitrual IP address.
In above sample network setup:
PRIMARY_IP_ADDRESS: 192.168.200.10 /255.255.255.0 and 172.16.0.10 / 255.255.0.0
SECONDARY_IP_ADDRESS: 192.168.200.20 / 255.255.255.0
VIRTRUAL_IP_ADDRESS: primary server IP, 172.16.0.10 / 255.255.0.0
Gateway IP address: 172.16.0.1/255.255.0.0
- The settings on both Brekeke SIP Server should be the same at the beginning, such as,
- set router global IP at both Brekeke SIP Server admintool > [Configuration]>[System]>[network]->[Interface address]
- same third party database/radius settings
- same dial plan rules
- same alias accounts
- set [b2bua] off on both servers You can backup primary settings and restore it on secondary to let both servers' settings identical.
- Keep the same system time on both Brekeke servers so that mirroring can work properly
- If there is a firewall on primary server, please configure it to accept ICMP packets sent from the secondary server.
- At router which both Brekeke SIP Servers are behind, set port forwarding to the VITRUAL_IP_ADDRESS for both SIP and RTP ports.
- The accounts under Brekeke SIP server admintool > [Aliases] will not be mirrored on secondary server.
Please use shared third party Database or other solutions to synchronize user authentication accounts on both primary and secondary servers.
- If authentication for REGISTER and INVITE is ON, set the same realm name at both primary and secondary Brekeke SIP Server admintool > [configuration] > [SIP] > [Authentication] > [Realm(ex. domain name)]
- Set VIRTUAL_IP_ADDRESS at UAs' registrar or proxy setting or router global IP address if UAs are from WAN.